Click below to visit the Graduate School Economics Program web pages.
|PhD in Economics (English)|
|MA in Economics (Thesis/English)|
|MA in Economics (Non-thesis/Turkish)|
Application Requirements for National Students
|PROGRAMS||Master’s GPA||Foreign Language||ALES/GRE/GMAT Score/Type||Average of Evaluation Criteria(1)||Programs Accepted|
|PhD in Economics (English)||Bachelor:
|YDS: Min. 70 or its equivalent defined by ÖSYM||ALES: Min. 70 Any Type;
GRE: Min. 153 or GMAT 500
|Min. 65/100||To be a graduate of Economics, Political Economy, Agricultural Economics, Home Economics, Sports Economics, Educational Economics, Financial Economics, Labor Economics, Public Economics, Public Finance, Economics and Finance, Economics and Management, Econometrics, Financial Econometrics, Applied Economics and Finance
MA degree programs (thesis)
(1) In order to be allocated 100% Scholarship for PhD and Proficiency in Arts Programs, candidates must meet the application conditions and meet the weighted averages of the Evaluation Criteria, which is also determined by the Senate, at least 80 points out of 100, in accordance with the application evaluation criteria accepted by the Senate.
|Foreign Language(2)||ALES/GRE/GMAT Score/Type||Average of Evaluation Criteria||Programs Accepted|
|MA in Economics (Thesis/English)||–||YU-FLAT Exam(3): Min. 65 or
YDS: Min. 65 or its equivalent defined by ÖSYM
|ALES: Min 55 Any Type,
GRE: Min. 149,
|Min. 65/100||To be a graduate of any bachelor’s degree program|
|MA in Economics (Non-thesis/Turkish)||–||–||–||–||To be a graduate of any bachelor’s degree program|
(2) Candidates who graduated from an undergraduate program given in the program language in a country whose native language is a foreign language required by the program are exempted from the foreign language requirement in their master’s program applications.
(3) Yaşar University (YU) School of Foreign Languages FLAT Exam:
– Candidates who have achieved the required score for foreign language education and training from Yaşar University (YU) School of Foreign Languages or other Higher Education Institutions English Preparatory Class Exemption Exam, are exempt from English exam provided that they apply a master’s program within -3- years following their graduation
– In the master’s degree program applications, for candidates who take the Yaşar University (YU) School of Foreign Languages FLAT Exam, the result will be valid for 3 years.